This is such a great concept! I love it. It reminds me of my childhood but with a great message
Original Project Proposal:
Creating a fashion game about the way you’re perceived through the way you are dressed and present yourself to the world. Game for children about perspective of other people! Exploring identity that happens internally vs. externally.
External: How will people perceive me? How will I keep myself safe?
Internal: how does what you’re wearing make you feel?
What concepts are important for youth to learn about the way they exist in the world and how they want to exist in the world? How do you teach these concepts to them in a way that in engaging? What is important to people about the way they are perceived by others? What does that mean about them? How can you allow them to express that?
Use the concepts from history and lived experiences to facilitate internal discussion
Learn best practices for facilitating discussion.
Question the effect of the way you’re dressed and it’s outcome on an environment/story/feedback in the game.
Get players to question their personal decisions and question the perception of others.
- Katherine H. Adams and Mike Keene, Paper Dolls: Fragile Figures, Enduring Symbols (McFarland & Company: 2017).
- Patrizia Calefato, The Clothed Body (Berg: 2004).
- David Parlett, Oxford History of Board Games (Oxford University Press: 1999).
- Minh-Ha T. Pham, Asians Wear Clothes on the Internet: Race, Gender, and the World of Personal Style Blogging (Duke University Press: 2015).
- Syl Tang, Disrobed: How Clothing Predicts Economic Cycles, Saves Lives, and Determines the Future (Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield, 2017).
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Dysphoria/Diaspora Doll is RELEASED!!May 04, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is amazing, I'm so so glad to be able to use your work to continue to think and explore my understanding of my identities and what am I a part of/a product of. Thank you for your work <3
an absolute treasure during these trying times!!!